Wilson Reaction Basketball
Wilson Reaction Basketball
- Microfibre composite leather for indoors/outdoors
- Cushion core technology
- Moisture absorbing outer
- Microfibre composite leather for the serious indoor and outdoor player.
- Cushion core technology.
- Moisture absorbing outer.
- Basketball sizes vary by age, gender, and level of play. The official size of the basketball used by the NBA is 29.5 inches (size 7) in circumference. That's the same size used throughout men's college and high school basketball leagues. The WNBA uses a slightly smaller ball, measuring 28.5 (size 6) inches in circumference.
- For international play, specifically FIBA, the basketball used is what's called a Molten GL7 for men and Molten GL6 for women. These basketballs typically feature two different colours and are slightly bigger, with a 30.7-inch circumference for the men's ball and a 29-inch circumference for the women's.
- Boys in middle school (or ages 12-14), use a 28.5-inch ball (size 6), as do all women and girls ages 12 and up. For anyone, male or female, between the ages of nine and 11, a ball size of 27.5 (size 5) inches in circumference is recommended and is the most commonly sized ball used in youth basketball leagues.
- Boys and girls between the ages of 4 and 8 use a basketball between the sizes of 22 inches and 24.5 inches in circumference, depending on the individual's hand size, which can be determined by a coach or parent by measuring from the bottom of the individual's palm to the tip of his or her middle finger.
- An NBA basketball must be inflated to a pressure of 7.5 to 8.5 PSI. The WNBA uses the same pressure regulations.
- In the NCAA, inflation requirements are given in weight, with the men's ball having a maximum weight of 22 ounces and the women's ball having a maximum weight of 20 ounces. In FIBA play, the official rules state that the ball "be inflated to an air pressure such that, when it is dropped onto the playing floor from a height of approximately 1,800 mm measured from the bottom of the ball, it will rebound to a height of between 1,200 mm and 1,400 mm, measured to the top of the ball."
Basketball Size Buying Guide
Size 3: Mini Basketball and Key Stage 1, 5-7 year olds; circumference 56-57cm.
Size 5: Key Stage 2, 7-11 year olds; circumference 69-71cm/27.5inches.
Size 6: For both male and female players aged 11-14 years; circumference 72-74cm/28.5inches.
Size 6: For female players aged 14+; circumference 72-74cm/28.5 inches.
Size 7: For male players aged 14+; circumference 75-76cm/29.5inches.
Customer Reviews for Wilson Reaction Basketball
5 out of 5 Wilson Reaction Basketball
Newitts Verified Purchase (14 Nov 2018)
The ball met my expectations. It feels good.
5 out of 5 A decent mid-range basketball
Newitts Verified Purchase (10 Jul 2017)
Not quite a match ball but very good for price and best kept for indoor use only.
5 out of 5 Good quality
Newitts Verified Purchase (3 Mar 2017)
Good quality ball at a great price, very speedy delivery.
5 out of 5 Great value
Top quality, great value, you won't find a better ball for this price! Excellent service from Newitts. We will be purchasing more and would definitely recommend.
5 out of 5 great ball
Newitts Verified Purchase (1 Sep 2015)
Great ball for outdoor play, as expected. Service from newitts was fine, product arrived quickly, no issues at all. Would recommend this product and this website, definitely.
5 out of 5 Top ball
Newitts Verified Purchase (12 Aug 2015)
Tob ball, thoroughly recommended. We have ordered a small size and kids love it. It feels like a pro ball.
5 out of 5 Best practice ball ever
I work for many years in basketball academies. Our academy has around 150 small kids learning the game (around 50 per hour). That means that our balls are doing a serious job and not just a break in an open court next to home. Each year we a percentage of our balls are lost/destroyed and we replace them not necessarily of same brand. So our inventory has 4 different kind of balls (sizes 5 and 7). The oldest ball we still have, by far older than the others is the wilson reaction. We stil have 4-5 of them that we continuously use for over than 5-6 years and I wish to be able to attach some photos in order to understand the amount of usage. The only misleading is the indoor/outdoor label. The ball should be used clearly in wooden/indoor floor as we did. I don't think that in example in cement will last long. Concluding. In a personal experience of over than 20 years is the best ball I used for this kind of purpose (heavy duty, extremely long time life, great feeling playing, training) Great grip and sense on hand. Accurate bouncing (it goes where is supposed to) and great quality.
4 out of 5 Big Z
Newitts Verified Purchase (1 Oct 2014)
Good basketball, reasonable price for quality. Very sticky to the hand, bit heavier than PRO indoor ball, durable outdoors. Perfect if you need one ball to play in and out.
4 out of 5 great ball to play outdoors n indoors
Newitts Verified Purchase (16 Jul 2014)
A great basketball it is very durable. good for the money. buy this basketball if you want it to last a long time and you want to play indoors and outdoors.
5 out of 5 Value for money
Newitts Verified Purchase (1 Aug 2013)
Glad I bought this over a Spalding. Will be used for outdoor. I like the feel if the ball and the thick skin.
Customers also bought
- Molten Deep Channel Basketball £16.83
- Wilson Evolution Basketball £39.96
- Wilson Reaction Basketball 6 Pack £159.72
- Ziland Training Basketball 10 Pack £54.99
- Baden Enforcer Basketball £16.00
- Molten GGX Synthetic Basketball £42.00
- Baden Zone Basketball £5.36
- Ziland Slam Up Basketball £4.50
- Wilson Evolution Basketball 6 Pack £207.72
- Molten 365 Indoor Outdoor Basketball £21.98
- Molten GMX PU Leather Basketball £29.36
- Wilson MVP Series Basketball Tan £7.16
You're making our website better ... thanks!