Acme 576 Shepherds Working Dog Whistle
The Acme ® 576 Plastic Shepherds Mouth Whistle - used for years by professional dog trainers. Sometimes called the Shepherd's Lip Whistle made famous by the television programme, One Man and His Dog. This professional model enables the dog trainer to create a crescendo of sound in tremendous variety. There are many dog trainers who consider this to the the ultimate in-tune communication with your dog.
- Bite resistant plastic.
- Built with a loop to attach a lanyard.
Shepherds Whistle Instructions
1. Place whistle in mouth with the curved open edge facing outwards resting on your tongue.
2. Hold in the mouth in such a way as to create a gap underneath the whistle. The back of the whistle will sit on the back of the tongue.
3. Blow and by varying the blow, you will create different sounds.
4. To create an even wider range of sounds, move the tongue up and down reducing and widening the gap underneath the whistle.
N.B. if you place your tongue against the lower hole you will silence the whistle. It doesn't matter which way up the whistle is placed.
This whistle does require a few practice blows before you get a sound, but once one sound is achieved, it is plain sailing or whistling.
Customer Reviews for Acme 576 Shepherds Working Dog Whistle
5 out of 5 Acme 576 Shepherd Whistle
Newitts Verified Purchase (2 Apr 2020)
I was very pleased to find this product as I am an Agricultural Feed Merchant and Sales Business, and these items are a real necessity for any sheep handler . Highly recommend this product and this company.