Baden Skilcoach Learner Basketball
- Recommended as a coaching ball.
- Shows hand positions for left and right handed shooting.
- Training aid.
- High quality rubber basketball.
- Precision wound 2-ply butyl bladder.
- Available in sizes 6 and 5 only.
- Supplied deflated.
- Basketball sizes vary by age, gender, and level of play.
- The official size of the basketball used by the NBA is 29.5 inches (size 7) in circumference. That's the same size used throughout men's college and high school basketball leagues.
- The WNBA uses a slightly smaller ball, measuring 28.5 (size 6) inches in circumference.
- For international play, specifically FIBA, the basketball used is what's called a Molten GL7 for men and Molten GL6 for women.
- These basketballs typically feature two different colours and are slightly bigger, with a 30.7-inch circumference for the men's ball and a 29-inch circumference for the women's.
- Boys in middle school (or ages 12-14), use a 28.5-inch ball (size 6), as do all women and girls ages 12 and up.
- For anyone, male or female, between the ages of nine and 11, a ball size of 27.5 (size 5) inches in circumference is recommended and is the most commonly sized ball used in youth basketball leagues.
- Boys and girls between the ages of 4 and 8 use a basketball between the sizes of 22 inches and 24.5 inches in circumference, depending on the individual's hand size, which can be determined by a coach or parent by measuring from the bottom of the individual's palm to the tip of his or her middle finger.
- An NBA basketball must be inflated to a pressure of 7.5 to 8.5 PSI. The WNBA uses the same pressure regulations.
- In the NCAA, inflation requirements are given in weight, with the men's ball having a maximum weight of 22 ounces and the women's ball having a maximum weight of 20 ounces.
- In FIBA play, the official rules state that the ball "be inflated to an air pressure such that, when it is dropped onto the playing floor from a height of approximately 1,800 mm measured from the bottom of the ball, it will rebound to a height of between 1,200 mm and 1,400 mm, measured to the top of the ball."
Basketball Size Buying Guide
Size 3: Mini Basketball and Key Stage 1, 5-7 year olds; circumference 56-57cm.
Size 5: Key Stage 2, 7-11 year olds; circumference 69-71cm/27.5inches.
Size 6: For female players aged 14+ and male players aged 11-14 years; circumference 72-74cm/28.5 inches.
Size 7: For male players aged 14+; circumference 75-76cm/29.5inches.
Customer Reviews for Baden Skilcoach Learner Basketball
5 out of 5 Great basketball
Newitts Verified Purchase (2 Mar 2014)
Perfect starter basketball for my 9 year old. Delighted! It is a great colour too. I Also like the hand prints on it-showing a good position to shoot from.