Wilson MVP Series Basketball Tan
- Traditional rubber cover for optimal durability.
- The size 6 is ideal for smaller hands and easier to control.
- Traditional rubber covered basketball, in a modern lime/purple or tan design.
- Great value and outstanding durability for recreational play.
- Supplied deflated.
- Basketball sizes vary by age, gender, and level of play. The official size of the basketball used by the NBA is 29.5 inches (size 7) in circumference. That's the same size used throughout men's college and high school basketball leagues. The WNBA uses a slightly smaller ball, measuring 28.5 (size 6) inches in circumference.
- For international play, specifically FIBA, the basketball used is what's called a Molten GL7 for men and Molten GL6 for women. These basketballs typically feature two different colours and are slightly bigger, with a 30.7-inch circumference for the men's ball and a 29-inch circumference for the women's.
- Boys in middle school (or ages 12-14), use a 28.5-inch ball (size 6), as do all women and girls ages 12 and up. For anyone, male or female, between the ages of nine and 11, a ball size of 27.5 (size 5) inches in circumference is recommended and is the most commonly sized ball used in youth basketball leagues.
- Boys and girls between the ages of 4 and 8 use a basketball between the sizes of 22 inches and 24.5 inches in circumference, depending on the individual's hand size, which can be determined by a coach or parent by measuring from the bottom of the individual's palm to the tip of his or her middle finger.
- An NBA basketball must be inflated to a pressure of 7.5 to 8.5 PSI. The WNBA uses the same pressure regulations.
- In the NCAA, inflation requirements are given in weight, with the men's ball having a maximum weight of 22 ounces and the women's ball having a maximum weight of 20 ounces. In FIBA play, the official rules state that the ball "be inflated to an air pressure such that, when it is dropped onto the playing floor from a height of approximately 1,800 mm measured from the bottom of the ball, it will rebound to a height of between 1,200 mm and 1,400 mm, measured to the top of the ball."
Basketball Size Buying Guide
Size 3: Mini Basketball and Key Stage 1, 5-7 year olds; circumference 56-57cm.
Size 5: Key Stage 2, 7-11 year olds; circumference 69-71cm/27.5inches.
Size 6: For female players aged 14+ and male players aged 11-14 years; circumference 72-74cm/28.5 inches.
Size 7: For male players aged 14+; circumference 75-76cm/29.5inches.
Customer Reviews for Wilson MVP Series Basketball Tan
5 out of 5 Great Ball
Newitts Verified Purchase (25 Jun 2020)
Great ball. Brought it for my 12yr old and it’s perfect size and weight
5 out of 5 Great activity during lockdown
After watching way too much ‘The Last Dance’ On Netflix I wanted to get off the couch and enjoy some basketball during lockdown. This ball enabled me to do it. Admittedly a ball is a ball but the function it gave to me during lockdown was invaluable.
Great service from the team as well, so thank you
5 out of 5 Top shot
Newitts Verified Purchase (6 Nov 2018)
Really impressed with Newitts supply & delivery. My MVP basketball (incidentally my initials!) together with the hand pump are just as expected - perfect. Ordered for my 10 year-old granddaughter, we tried it out at our local court - I had an England trial in my youth although didn’t get the call up! Enjoyed the comeback with the new ball!
5 out of 5 Basketball
Newitts Verified Purchase (3 Oct 2018)
Bought this for 9 yr old nephew. He's ecstatic to have a proper grown up ball that's the perfect size for him :) Great price too, & quick delivery.
5 out of 5 Excellent basket ball
Newitts Verified Purchase (28 Jun 2018)
I bought two of these basketballs; one (purple/yellow) for my 7 year old daughter and one (orange) for my 5-year old son. They both love them. For quality and price they are excellent and the size 5 is just right for both of them. It’s good that they have more than one colour too for two children. I would highly recommend.
5 out of 5 Very satisfied customer
Newitts Verified Purchase (7 Jun 2018)
I bought this ball for my grandson.aged 8.It is perfect weight and size.Great price and fast delivery.Thank you.
5 out of 5 Wilson MVP Basketball
Newitts Verified Purchase (29 Jul 2017)
Quality ball for the price. My son loves it.
5 out of 5 Size 5 basketball
Newitts Verified Purchase (16 Jul 2016)
Bought for my granddaughter as a gift. She is really pleased with it and a it is the same size as her team uses she finds it really useful and is practicing all the time.
4 out of 5 Good economy level ball
Newitts Verified Purchase (6 Oct 2015)
Good ball for use amongst young children. Been using them for 2 weeks now and they have not needed reinflating at all.
5 out of 5 Great ball
Newitts Verified Purchase (2 Jun 2015)
Bought for 5 year old grandson. Well made, tough and ideal for his use with adjustable basketball net. It maintains its pressure well. Quick delivery, too. Very pleased with purchase, recommend product and seller.
5 out of 5 My views on the product
Newitts Verified Purchase (16 Mar 2015)
The ball is great, it is good quality and exactly what i needed for practising. I recommend this product for anyone who plays basketball or even someone who is looking at playing.
5 out of 5 excellent
Newitts Verified Purchase (18 Feb 2015)
for the price I didn't expect it to be as good as it is so brilliant I definitely recommend buying this as a home play around ball :)
4 out of 5 Wilson basketball
Newitts Verified Purchase (20 Jan 2015)
Great ball, arrived quickly. Thank you. My grandson is now having great fun practising his basketball throwing, catching and shooting skills.
3 out of 5 good ball
Newitts Verified Purchase (15 Nov 2014)
really good ball to play with outside however some deep cuts are beginning to appear on the ball, might be because I played in the rain?
5 out of 5 The dogs ball
Newitts Verified Purchase (18 Oct 2014)
So Far, so good. Our dog (a German Shepherd & Lurcher cross) loves playing football with us. However, he always end up chewing through the ball.
After some thought I decided to try the largest size basketball and it works a treat. He can get his jaws on it, but not quite enough to bite and so far it has resisted his claws. He loves playing with it, it's heavier than previous balls so he now chests it down rather than heading it.
It seems to be well constructed and over several weeks has not lost pressure - very important so the dog cannot get a purchase - and no doubt for regular basketball use. :-)
5 out of 5 Wilson basketball
Newitts Verified Purchase (1 Jul 2014)
I bought this basketball for my dog (labrador) and it's still going strong! Brilliant product / price and quick delivery. Very pleased.
4 out of 5 Good Qulaity for the price
Newitts Verified Purchase (19 Jun 2014)
Good quality basketball, for a relatively low price. Ideal for young children. Arrived with in a couple of days and was as expected.