The Ab Wheel (also known as an abdominal wheel), is a great piece of equipment to have as it offers a full abdominal workout with just one simple exercise. Plus, there are a lot of benefits to using the ab wheel because it works all of your core including your obliques once you get experienced enough to do so. Furthermore, an ab wheel is very portable as they are lightweight and compact which means you can take it on business travels or when you go on holiday as it is easy to dismantle so it fits with minimum space used in your luggage. Plus, the ab wheel doesn’t just work the core it also gives your shoulder a workout.
How to use the ab wheel
- Start by kneeling on the floor holding the ab roller out infront of you.
- Place the ab roller down infront of you as though you are in the kneeling push up position this will be the starting position.
- Slowly roll the ab wheel out infront of keeping your abs tight and keeping your back straight.
- Go as far as you can go without touching the floor.
- Pause for a second at the bottom.
- Pull yourself back up to the starting position.
- Do 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions.
Once you’ve become used to the ab wheel you can make the exercise harder by wearing a weighted vest while doing the exercise, try doing the exercise standing up or trying to hold your position at the bottom for a longer period of time.